Freybe always keeps our future in mind and only uses what is needed to reduce our impact to the environment for future generations.
- Special rain water filtration system for the local Salmon Bearing Stream.
- $2.4 million investment on a state of the art ammonia cooling/freezer (together with more effective insulation material) enabling us to achieve cooling/freezing with 50% less energy.
- $1 million investment in waste water treatment before released into Langley waste water system.
- State of the art "closed system" smokehouse, reducing exhaust smoke by 99%, thus reducing our natural gas usage by 35% with no need to "burn off "exhaust smoke.
- Building materials (Zeroloc panels) with a high "sustainability" factor as panels can be easily moved and recycled.
- Supports and encourages carpooling and bike riding.
- Educating associates in ways to reduce and save electrical energy
- Recycling bins for paper, bottles, cans, etc.
- Modifications to our waste water treatment system to reduce disposal of waste.
- A heat recovery project to recover heat that is being exhausted into the atmosphere over the refrigeration plant.
- Solar panel project.
- Working with Smart Waste to find a solution for the recycling of our waste packaging film.
- Change half of the fleet of delivery vehicles to Mercedes Sprinter with diesel motors.
Freybe always plans to go further and do even more. Look for us to include the following in our near future:
Read the Climate Smart testimonial on Freybe:May 17th 2011 - By starting with low cost (or no cost) solutions, Freybe has been quickly realizing emissions and cost savings—some with immediate paybacks. They are building the case that there is money to be made in pursuing emissions reductions and continuing on to more capital-intensive projects, both now and in the future.