Italian Salami & Arugula Salad
The classic Italian appetizer. Serves 4.
6 cups (1.5 L) fresh arugula leaves, rinsed and blotted dry*
4 oz (125 g) Freybe sliced salami, cut into julienne strips
1 roasted red pepper, cut into strips
3 tbsp (45 ml) extra virgin olive oil
1 1/2 tbsp (22 ml) balsamic vinegar
Salt and freshly ground black pepper
1/2 cup (75 ml) assorted olives
3 tbsp (45 ml) pine nuts, lightly toasted
Fresh Parmesan shavings
1. Place arugula, salami and roasted red pepper strips in a large bowl. Set aside.
2. Combine oil, vinegar and seasonings. Whisk to blend. Drizzle over arugula and gently toss to coat.
3. Divide evenly among four salad plates.
4. Scatter olives and pine nuts over top.
5. Garnish with shavings of Parmesano and serve.
*Note: If fresh arugula is unavailable, substitue with baby romaine leaves.