Chorizo Bolognese Sauce
Serve with your favourite pasta, rice, in a pita or a taco. Serves 4.
1 (500 g) Freybe fresh Chorizo sausage
½ yellow onion, diced
2 tbsp (30 ml) chopped garlic
2 tbsp (30 ml) chopped Italian parsley
¼ tsp (1.25 ml) dried rosemary
2 28-oz (796 ml) cans plum tomatoes
1 cup (250 ml) red wine
2 tbsp (30 ml) sugar
Salt & white pepper to taste
1. Remove sausage from casing, dice if necessary, and brown in a large non-stick frying pan.
2. Add onion and garlic.
3. Add wine and mix well.
4. Add tomatoes and juice from can.
5. Lower heat and cook 20-30 minutes at a light simmer.
6. Add parsley and continue simmering for 20 minutes.
7. Season with salt & white pepper.