Ham & Vegetable Wraps
This dish is altogether too simple to prepare and serves as a colourful appetizer.
Makes 8 appetizers.
8 fresh green beans
1 small zucchini
1 red or yellow bell pepper
8 slices Freybe Honey Ham
1. Blanch beans and carrots just until tender crisp. Plunge into cold water to stop the cooking and then blot dry.
2. Cut carrots and zucchini into 8 julienne strips 1/4 inch x 3 inches (.5cm x 8 cm).
3. Cut pepper in half and remove the seeds. Cut into 8 julienne strips.
4. Take a strip of each vegetable and wrap up in a slice of honey ham. Secure roll with a toothpick.
5. Place seam side down in a microwave safe dish. Repeat with remaining ham slices and vegetables, rolling and placing seam side down in dish in a single layer.
6. Lay a sheet of waxed paper over top and microwave on high for 1 to 2 minutes, or just until they are warm.
7. Remove to a serving dish and serve with a dollop of honey mustard for dipping.