Bacon & Potato Salad
This traditional European potato salad is the perfect side dish for Freybe deli meats.
3 lbs (1.5 kg) nugget potatoes
4 oz (125g) Freybe Hickory Smoked Bacon
1/2 cup (125 ml) white vinegar
1/2 cup (125 ml) warm water
1 cube beef bouillon
1 tsp (5 ml) salt
1 tsp (5 ml) granulated sugar
1 medium-sized onion, diced
1/4 cup (50 ml) freshly minced parsley
Freshly ground black pepper
1. Thickly slice unpeeled potatoes and place in a large pot. Add cold water to cover and bring to a boil. Cover, reduce heat and simmer for 12 to 15 minutes or until potato slices are still firm but cooked through. Drain and cool slightly.
2. Meanwhile, cut bacon into 1/4 inch (.5 cm) dice. Brown in a frying pan until golden. Drain off fat and remove diced bacon to a plate lined with paper toweling.
3. Combine vinegar, water, beef bouillon cube, salt and sugar in a small bowl. Stir to dissolve bouillon cube.
4. Pour over potato slices along with diced onion, fresh minced parsley and cooked bacon. Gently toss together to evenly distribute.
5. Garnish with fresh dill.
6. Serve salad warm, at room temperature or refrigerate and serve chilled.