Maple & Apple Breakfast Strata
Prepare it in the evening. Savour it in the morning. Serves 4.
1 tsp (5 ml) butter
2 apples, pealed, cored and coarsely chopped
½ tsp (2.5 ml) cinnamon
8 oz (240g) or 6 sausages (240 g) Freybe or Fresh Creations Smoked Turkey & Chicken Sausage with Pure Maple Syrup, coarsely chopped.
4 raisin and cinnamon English muffins cut into 1” cubes
1 ¼ cups (300 ml) milk
2tbsp (30 ml) maple syrup
¼ tsp (1.25 ml) nutmeg
1 tsp (5 ml) cinnamon
1. Spray an 8” baking dish with non-stick spray.
2. Melt butter in a small saucepan over medium heat. Add chopped apples and cinnamon. Sauté for 5 minutes or until apples are just tender.
3. Remove from heat and toss with sausages and English muffin cubes. Spread in the prepared baking dish.
4. Beat together eggs, milk, maple syrup, cinnamon and nutmeg. Pour over bread cubes. Cover with plastic wrap and refrigerate for 2-24 hours.
5. Uncover and bake for 50 minutes at 325 F (160 C) or until centre is just set. Let stand for 5 minutes before cutting.
Freybe alternative: Use Freybe Turkey Chicken Bratwurst.