Croissant for a Crowd
A spicy party bread that’s guaranteed to get the party started. Serves 8-10.
1/3 lb (150 g) Freybe Cooked Ham in slices
1/3 lb (150 g) Freybe Western Roast Beef, in slices
2 lbs (1 kg) bread dough (two store bought frozen loaves work well)
¾ lb (375 g) grated mozzarella & aged cheddar cheese
2 tbsp (30 ml) Dijon mustard
1 tsp (5 ml) Italian seasoning
Olive Oil for basting
1. Flatten bread dough into a rectangle.
2. Baste with Dijon mustard, except for a two-inch border along the sides of the rectangle.
3. Season with Italian seasoning and layer with sliced meats.
4. Sprinkle with grated cheeses.
5. Cut evenly spaced diagonals down both borders of the dough.
6. Fold the pieces inward and pinch ends to close the loaf. Shape in the form of a crescent.
7. Baste with olive oil and bake in 350 F (180 C) preheated oven for 50 minutes or until golden brown.